Do you enjoy hacking off the roads? Like riding in beautiful woods? Hodgemoor Woods offer you over 5 kilometres of trails set in 250 acres of ancient woodland, a precious opportunity to get away from the traffic.
Two official bridleways run through the wood at Hodgemoor but membership is compulsory for horseriders using the network of permissive riding trails.
Benefits of Membership:
- Being part of an award-winning Association
- The use of the permissive trails in Hodgemoor
- Fund-raising rides, Le Trec, dressage, cross-country jumping, and social events
- Map of the woods and other local rides
- A guided first ride round woods so you don’t get lost!
- Use of the Hodgemoor cross-country field for only £5
- No need to wear identifying badge (checks are done at random)
- A regular email newsletter with news and ads to which you can contribute
- Dedicated Facebook page and area on hodgemoor.org.uk website
Riding Association Achievements:
- Maintains 10 Trails (about 6km) within the 250 acre wood
- Works hard to conserve the wood and its environment
- Has developed a close relationship with the Forestry Commission
- Signed up over 200 members since 2000 (mostly riders but also walkers and cyclists)
- Spent an average of £6500 per annum on renovating and creating new trails
- Spent an overall £100,000 in 15 years at a cost of £36 per square metre, increasing now to £40 pm2
- Generated 1 new bridleway and 3 new permissive trails in 15 years…
- … to encourage riders to use the woods not the roads
- Won BHS Access Award in 2004 and Forestry Commission Volunteer Group award in 2017
- Supports the highest concentration of riders in the country (30 mins from London).
The tariffs are as follows:
by PayPal 1
or Standing Order 2
by cash, cheque 3 or PayPal
|Adult||£20 (or £80 for 5 years paid in advance)||£25|
|Family or yard 4||£30||£35|
|Visitors 6||Not applicable||£10 per visit|
|Walkers and non-riders||£5||£5|
- To qualify for the lower rate the member must take out the automatically-recurring annual PayPal option.
- To pay by bank Standing Order, complete the form (www.hodgemoor.org.uk/downloads) and return it to us.
- Please make cheques payable to Hodgemoor Riding Association.
- Yard membership covers one owner/manager and 3 named employees.
- Junior riders must be under 16 on 1 April
- Visiting horse-riders may ride in the woods at £10 per rider each time (please call 07876 581144 to reserve)
Please be sure to send your completed membership application form or event entry form at the same time as payment so we know who the payment is from; this is true of all contributions and of all payment methods.
Using Paypal is the easiest option both for you and the association.
With Paypal, you can pay your membership subscription, an event entry fee, pay to use the X-Country field, or make a donation; select the option from the drop-downs then click on the Pay or Subscribe button.
You can have PayPal remit your subscription every year automatically (it’s a bit cheaper for you and much simpler for us) [select drop-down tab for several options]
Thank you for paying online, it saves us a lot of administrative effort.
And many thanks for your interest in the Hodgemoor Woods Riding Association – we hope you will join us!